Welcome back to school

As we know as parents of 10-12 year olds, communication is key. Unfortunately, 10-12 year olds are not particularly proficient in this area. So, here's what we'll do:

  • Planners. Every day. Please check them.
    • I do not require students to write what they have already completed, and our "QQ" (Question quotidienne: Daily Question) is usually optional, but will occasionally be required.
  • I'll post pictures here of the planner on a regular basis. Not necessarily daily, but at least weekly, and hopefully more regularly than that.
  • I'll periodically post information that is critical on this blog to make sure that you have access to it. Sometimes it will be in full, sometimes it will be a "please watch for a notice home about..."
A bit about me
  • I have a husband, Todd, who coaches PeeWee hockey - so many of my students know Coach Todd. I am a hockey wife, and a hockey mom. Most of my examples about extracurricular activities will be about hockey.
  • We have 2 children, David, grade 6, Mme Char's class, and Marissa, grade 4, Mme Sigal's class. Many of my students know me socially as well. I even have a student this year who I've known since they were in the womb!
  • I have been teaching at Quarterway officially since 2009, though I was on maternity leave for the 2009-10 school year. That means I have been at Quarterway longer than your child has. Many of my students know me via older siblings, cousins, and friends who have passed through my class.
  • I taught grade 4 and 5 last year, so many of my students are repeat customers. We know each other well.
  • I am a Quarterway alum. Mme Karina was my grade 7 teacher, in the portables, here.
  • I like to think I'm a strict teacher, but I let my heart lead me. I'm not afraid to say "well, that's just too bad, isn't it?" But I'm also ready and willing to say "Hmm, looks like you need something different. What if we...?"
The most important thing to know about me as your child's teacher is that I want us all to have the best year possible. That means that I will do whatever it takes to create a safe, welcoming, and creative environment for all of my students. If you are new to me, please understand that the way I address my students individually takes into consideration their individual personalities and their various relationships with me. 

If you have any questions, concerns, or just want to get know me, feel free to send me an email, set up an appointment, or just drop in. I'm not shy. Ok, yes, I am shy, but I fake it really well. ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022-2023 Week 0: Sept 6-9

French quiz Tuesday